10 December 2013

Shall I start believing in the fairy tales ?

Believing in the fairy tale


There was this kid, whom I met along the park,
She told me a fairy tale and so became my friend,
She told how the fireflies at night became fairies in the dark.
She told me about the wishes they could grant.

I gazed at her like a painting, she had something I lost.
She was all beauty and charm with the laughter all around,
She followed the fireflies and never one did she caught.
She chased them away and none were seen around.

She kept her search and still found none.
She had what I lost, the belief in fairy tales.
She came every week and yet found nothing.
One day she shall grow and lose what I lost.

What if one day fairy tales come alive with the power of belief?
What if I could start believing again, or to help her see the truth?
 I took her side and searched with her to watch her smile.
I took her up, her laughter and I gazed at her like a painting.


I started searching for the fireflies every day, with her
One day she might catch one and her beliefs might end.
“What are you going to wish for Mister?” She asked.
Then I realized that I never believed even while I searched.

“I don’t have a wish! And what do you want?” I asked
“More fireflies.” She said. Yes! A silly little girl.
“If you don’t have anything! why are you searching?” She asked.
“That is what friends do” I said and I smiled.

One day she might catch one and her beliefs might end.
But who am I to judge?


Sometimes, even though you know the truth, you will let someone believe what they want.
It is called tolerance ! It shows your humility, and the ability to accept things as it is.
When you are right and the other is proven wrong, if you never speak the words "I told you so !" ! Then the  care you give to this world, and you are amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment