29 January 2014

Why should we Rethink how we think about others?

A few months ago, I had an opportunity to volunteer for an organization that stands for the betterment of the society. The name of the organization was C.H.I.L.D (Center for health, intelligence, Learning and Development ).
How ever I ended up volunteering for organizing an event for 'Person centered approaches'. To be honest and damn frank, it changed my attitude to life and my perception to people. This insight gave me a whole new experience on viewing people better and more blissfully.
So what exactly did I understand?
How about you answer me something first and I could explain better,
What do you call a person who has no vision? Obviously most of us use the term 'Blind'.
And a person who has learning dyslexia? Mostly people refer to them as dyslexic.
Isn't this just wrong? I mean we always see a person as Blind! and most often do we fail to see him as a 'Person with blindness'
Should this referring make any difference?
Yes it does! It makes a world of difference !
First when we refer a person as blind! we refer him with his condition!
Referring a person as a 'Blind person' puts our mindset as viewing a person with his condition up front!
And Seldom we see him as a person first! Say what is we start to see a him as a

'Person with blindness'
The fact that he is a person first comes into our mind and then his condition whatsoever.!
Now! you see a person first, and then only his condition! As a person, he is no different than you. Consider him an equal.!
Now!  Isn't that a world of difference?


Why are people so much hung up on differences? For most people they sense differences more than the similarities!
This always reminds me the beauty of Indians saying 'Namaste'.
Even though most people don't understand its meaning, the word Namaste means something so extravagant!
Saying namaste means, You, and I, in the space of love, are the same!
We might be different on this material world, you might have a different nose, another pair of eyes and we might even support the different teams in a sport, or might even like totally different sports.!
However, in the space of love, you, and I, are entirely the same!
What if the world just could go this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment